Thursday, February 24, 2011

Pizza Casserole

I was going through my recipe box this morning and I came across this recipe I used to make when everyone was home.   I know you all are pizza fans, and, while it's not pizza, it certainly has a similar taste.  Served with a salad, it's a nice, easy meal that you can prepare ahead of time, or something you could make for a crowd (it is easy to double).  The recipe I will post is for about 4.

1 lb. ground beef or turkey
1 small onion, chopped
1/2 teasp. garlic, chopped
1 teasp. oregano
1/2 teasp. salt
1 can tomato soup (or 14 oz. sauce)
1/3 cup water
2 cups cooked wide noodles
1/2 cup shredded cheese (any kind--you could use more if you want)

Brown ground beef with onion and seasonings, stirring to separate meat.  Add soup, water and cooked noodles.  Place in greased casserole dish and sprinkle with cheese.  Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. did you used to put pepperoni in this too? And we all had individual dishes? or am I thinking of something else.

    Either way, this is hands-down Evan's favorite thing I make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, that was my take on a dish they served at Pizza Hut and they called it "Cavatini". We cooked maybe 3 different kinds of pasta, put pepperoni all over it, hit it with pizza sauce and covered it with shredded mozzarella, then put it under the broiler. That's great that you remembered it, and that Evan loves it!

    ReplyDelete