Friday, June 10, 2011

It's been a while...

Hi Momma and Sissies! So it has been TOO long since anyone has updated on here, and since I finally have some free time to cook and experiment in the kitchen, I thought I'd share with y'all what yummyness I had for dinner tonight :) I didn't remember to take pictures until after so there are only a few.

I call it: "Sherry Chicken and Mushrooms"

So I had a chicken breast that I ne
eded to use up and was searching through the Grace cookbook for ideas, which is where I found my inspiration I guess you could say. (Yes, I said one chicken breast, that's what happens when you are cooking for one :D) Anyways, I cut the breast into three or four strips and dipped them in milk and then breaded them in a mixture of bread crumbs, rosemary and garlic, and parmesan cheese:



After covering the pieces in the breading, I sauteed the outside of the chicken in butter, and then put them in a greased baking pan. In the same pan I seared the chicken in, I sauteed mushrooms in butter and sherry cooking wine (delish, btw!). While the mushrooms were sauteing, I mixed together about 1/4 cup of the sherry and 1/4 cup of condensed cream of chicken soup and poured that over the chicken. I topped the chicken with the mushrooms once they were to my liking, and sprinkled some shredded monterrey jack cheese over top. Cover with tin foil, and bake in the oven for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. After the 30 min, remove the foil and cook for another 5 min.

Now all that's left to do is enjoy!!! The whole time it was cooking it smelled amazing, and I am extremely satisfied with the way it turned out--especially since I wasn't really going by a recipe. It was sooooo yummy. It will be my dinner for tomorrow :) I paired it with green beans and texas garlic toast, which was also tasty. Here's the finished product:


Any feedback/tips are welcomed....and if you make it let me know what you think! :)

2 comments:

  1. Hey beck, I tried to comment yesterday and it wasn't working for whatever reason. I wanted to tell you that I thought you did a great job making something up! It reminds me a lot of chicken Marsala, but with a twist! I have an idea for you. Even though you are cooking for one, you could make twice as much of a meal, so that the second day (either the next night or even the one after) all you have to do is heat up your dinner. Of course, this won't work for every meal, but you can experiment some to see what does work. This is something that I am really just now starting to get the hang of, and let me tell you, it is a great feeling to know that dinner is planned AND made, and all I have to do is heat it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks BA! I usually do that with recipes like Cousin Darlene's chicken, soup, chili, etc, but i will def keep that in mind for things that I'm not so comfortable with making! :)

    ReplyDelete